Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 January 2016

Sleepy Sunday




It's a sleepy old Sunday this morning as I did not manage to get in a nap yesterday and was late to bed, however I will make sure that I get 40 winks today.
Yesterday was wet and miserable but it didn't stop I Lady Lainey from getting out to Ladylaineyville and doing a spot of the shopping thing.

yes the Xmas box of goodies is now full with stocking fillers and Christmas card..........................and yes I know that it isn't very festive buying things in the sale, but I am from Yorkshire!

Dame Didi called over on her way to do charitable things, and going out to lunch with Kiki, I never get asked to go out to lunch by the eldest sister, maybe because I don't take her calls!

After last weeks 'Gaylegate' sensation I have been reading an article today about whether or not cricket is a sexist sport.

Well having watched it for most of my life and also having played, I would have to say that in days gone by it was sexist, now I think that any player who behaves in a derogatory manner towards a woman is a dinosaur.

I go to cricket on  my own and enjoy the game, however in years gone by ladies at a match on their own, were considered to be 'far game' by players and to that end may have come up against some unwanted attention.

now however I see lots of ladies on their own at cricket and being able to enjoy the sound of leather on willow without any chance of 'chat ups'.

Woman's cricket will always take second place to men's although in recent years there has been an upsurge in the sport and long may it last.

Is cricket sexist?

well lets hope the  whole Gayle thing is forgotten asap!

I am off to have coffee with besty friend Francesca and the fur babies, Orson , Mia and Lucky.

So I think that I need to throw myself into the shower and get ready.

have a re;axing Sunday and I will be back tomorrow


No comments :