Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 January 2016

Its a full on cricket Sunday



Oh my, it is a full on cricket day and I am munching on my croissant and gulping down my cafe au lait  as I wait for it all to begin.

Well there is a BBL final where I  ( sorry Gillespie the Gallant but I am sure you understand the reasons) will be supporting Sydney Thunder.
Now you all know that I do have a soft spot for Glenn Maxwell but sadly I cannot bring myself to support the Stars due to the fact that all coverage of them is limited to the show pony that is 'He who must not be named in the blog.'  ( no 'I' in team and  all that )

I do know that this time next year we will be seeing a final which will include The Adelaide Strikers ( you mark my words).
And talking Strikers I was watching the interviews with Gillespie the Gallant that were shown on the Yorkshire CCC website and I have to say that I do have a good feeling about T20 this coming season,

#COYT

England are back in action today after another century for South Africa yesterday when Quiton de Kock hit an unbeaten 129 giving them a very strong start.( to go with the other centuries hit)
England started their innings and  finished the day  138-2

There has been a lot ( and I mean too much) said about 'dropped catches'.
Even the Ben Stokes had a dig about it.
Not sure how that goes down in the team, everyone seems to have the knives out for Jonny Bairstow.
I think that  Ben Stokes will be next on the list when he either does not 'perform' or  'Does a Ben' ( ie flouting authority and doing what the hell you like,and its coming mark my words).

Wow I have been having a few predictions here this morning, best have another croissant and gaze into the coffee grounds and see if I can see anything else.

I was also sorry to hear that Darren Lehmann has been hospitalised due to a DVT.................I wish him a speedy recovery.

I know first hand how horrible this is and hope that he is nowhere near as bruised as I was after being pumped full of Heperin.
The worst thing about a DVT is that outwardly you look OK ( maybe some swelling in legs) but inwardly you are a timebomb wating to go off)
Its a long road back to full health, but I am sure that we will be seeing Boof back very soon

What I do see if that time is moving on and I have lots to do.

Have a great Sunday whether it involves crickett or not .





No comments :