Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 January 2016

I have been gazing into my crystal ball



I have been mulling over how the new season will pan out and who will be coming to the fore.

My predictions so far are as follows.


1. His Royal Ryanness will end the season on 740 FC wickets (706 at the moment)

2. The lovely Jack Leaning will made a huge impact on the 1st team at Yorkshire.

3. Jack Shantry's wicket taking will help Worcestershire get back up into the 1st division (again).

4. I will be watching all three of them very closely.

5.'Big Billy Stanlake and Travis Head will be snapped up by clubs in the UK for the upcoming short ball season

6. Luke Fletcher will make a lot more first team appearances.

7. Headingley may not see a lot of Jonny Bairstow this season

You will notice that I have not stated the outcome of the county championship, well............................ we will see.


In much warmer climes there has been a lot going on as The Adelaide Strikers thundered to a resounding win over the Scorchers and took themselves to the top of the table. Well we wouldn't expect anything less with Gillespie the Gallant at the helm!

In South Africa, England had a long old day in the field as Amla hit 201 and Temba Bavuma's  unbeaten century was not just a great knock but an historic one for the 25 year old who grew up in the townships.
This has been a test of records and historic stats ( for the cricket tragics amongst us).
South Africa declared 2 runs short of England's score and proved all their critics wrong.
Although it looks like a match that will be drawn, however anything could happen on the 5th and final day!

Big shout out and big thank you to Sophie who has been 'proxy' stalking Abraham Benjamin for me as I could not be there, and sending photo's for me to swoon over too.

So off to the office and luckily for me I will not be affects by the big office change around which is good as it means my 'Yorkshire wall' will not have to be taken down and rearranged elsewhere.

So off back to the grind, and hoping it will be a quiet and peaceful day.





No comments :