Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 January 2016

First working week of 2016 begins


And so it dawns, the first working day of 2016,for I , Lady Lainey. Yes indeedy doody I am about to head back to Super swanky flipping freezing cold office.
I think that I am doing OK as I have yet to develop webbed feet ( due to the wettest Christmas in my memory, which is not  long as I am only 21!).

Sadly some people have suffered badly due to the rain and their lives will take some sorting out, however I will be sorting out when I get back to the office to make a space for new office boy Tommy Gun.

yesterday was the last lazy day that  I will be having for a while and I made the most of it, getting up to watch the test, chatting to El Presidenti of Middlesex CCC who was raising a glass, but  of more of that later.

So I settled down with my fried eggs on toast to watch Stokes and Bairtow pick up where they had left off yesterday.
Stokes went thundering his way to the fastest double century in test history, whilst Jonny played every shot when he was given the chance.
slowly he made his ways to his first test century and my phone lit up as Middx president Harry Latchman praised Jonny, who he has known from being a school boy ( Jonny that is not Harry!). He was toasting his great effort.
To take nothing away from Stokes he played a blinder but a schoolboy error saw him on his way back to the pavilion having scored 258.

Captain Cook let Jonny get his 150 and then declared.


Stokes and Bairstow put on 399 runs a sixth wicket record.

South Africa went into bat and at stumps were 142-2

Jonny's mum was interviewed on TMS at tea and said that she had actually watched the innings ( she is usually hiding as she gets very nervous). She was a very proud mum ( and so was I see blog of Monday 21st December 2015). And rightly so too!

All the hacks were saying that it is in the bag for England........................well it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and I ain't singing yet!!!

Today is another day...........................


tomorrow though is an Adelaide Strikers day, 'Go Strikers' as I have been reliably informed to cheer!
They are at home to the Scorchers and here's hoping that 'Big' Billy Stanlake, Travis Head and Adil Rashid all shine!


Right it is time to wend my weary way to the place of torture, and earn some pennies in preparation of the upcoming season which is now so close I can almost touch it.

I'm a bit excited in case you hadn't realised.

I love cricket





No comments :