Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 January 2016

and so it begins again!



Yes indeed it is Monday again and I am not prepared for it at all!

All plans for yesterday went out of the window as I wallowed in a haze of a pain and painkillers, today though ( so far) I feel a lot better and my arm is not so stiff and painful. Fingers crossed! ( well if I could without stabbings pain)

The England cricket team are being hailed as the best team due to youth and renewed vigour.Well I have to agree but feel that the hacks will be soon taking them down from the pedestal that they have placed them on if they do not perform well in further matches.

Theres is a BIG match today as The Adelaide strikers continue their run for BBL05 domination.
Ah yes, I am donning blue today and crossing everything apart from arms and fingers ( and eyes because I am unable to do that too).

GO STRIKERS!!!!

I am now 18 days into my 'Dry January' challenge to raise funds for Yorkshire Cancer Research and  Cricket without Boundaries, two charities that deserve extra funds.
One charity works at home in the UK and is a lifeline for cancer sufferers in Yorkshire, whilst the other takes volunteers over to Africa to educate against the spread of HIV /AIDs  as well as teaching and spreading the word about cricket.They are now also focusing on early marriages for young girls and FGm.
more information  about these two charities can be found on their websites.

if you would like to donate to my challenge you can do so at the following link




well we here in the South Durham have been very lucky not to have been hit by snow. However we have been struck by the frost.

Lots of people complaining about the weather, but to be honest it is winter and we have been very lucky temperature wise.
it has even lulled my Hortensia's in the garden into thinking that it is nearly spring as they are starting to come into bud. I feel that bubble wrap will be needed soon to protect them.

There are also daffodils shooting up and I feae that they will either bloom early or shrivel and die in the cold.

however cold and frost or not, I have to heave myself out of the chair and head off to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office to face another week of ...............well who knows! No two days are ever the same and for that I am grateful. everyday is a surprise................







No comments :