Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 September 2015

My boys back in action





Yes my boys were back on the field yesterday however they were all wearing black armbands as not long before play was due to start it was announced that former England, Yorkshire and Somerset Captain Brian Close had very sadly passed away.

Close was the youngest player to win a test cap at the age of 18 in 1949. He was known for his 'brave batting' and Captained England 7 times. plus led Yorkshire to 4 County Championships!!

So no pressure on Captain Gale!!

Rain was not on the side of my boys either yesterday  and the match started late. His Royal Ryanness was not in the squad!!!!! His place being taken by Mathew Fisher.

I was not best pleased to hear this but I guess bring  that Gillespie the Gallant had decided that you only bring the  'Rolls Royce' out on special occasions!!! I am hoping that this is a sign that he will be playing next week when I head off to Headingley

Jack Brooks bowled well taking the wickets of both Michael Carberry ( eye candy for the Dame) and Will Smith..

Rain spoilt the day and the boys were back in the hotel in time to watch the news and Home and Away.

Hampshire were 219-4 when they headed to the showers ( after the showers!!!)

My day was the usual battle with Trill Boy who is now so far behind on his drawings that the project we are expecting at Christmas will be built before we see any drawings for his job!!!

The weather was much the same as Hampshire, a pleasant morning and then lots of rain, and it is still raining now which is going to play havoc with my orange curls.

The squad for the upcoming England tour of UAE will be announced today. Good luck to all my boys who may have their names in the hat. ( how else do you think the old duffers select the team?).

OK off for another day of drinking copious amounts of coffee, shouting at boys, looking pretty for 7 hours and I may even manage to file me nails too.

catch you tomorrow!.








No comments :