Powered By Blogger

Friday 31 July 2015

Yeay!!! It's F(ryan)day




I can't say that I have ever been happier to see a F(ryan)day than I am today. It seems to have been a long week and I am fair worn out. Honestly all this One Day cricket and the test....................


which leads me to the strange goings on, at day 2 of the test..
England were in batting  ( or Yorkland as it was at 11am with Root and Bairstow in the middle). Jonny didn't last long (5) and then Stokes was out for a duck and England looked unsettled. Root managed to make 69 and they batted on. They were all out for 281.

So back came the Australians and England  decided to go for it. by close of play they were 168-7. Two days three innings and should be all wrapped up today before tea if not lunch I think.

I have to say that  the Australians came out to bowl and looked very determined, but somehow England seem to be pulling off a blinding game.

And then there is besty home county, champions of the world, My Tykes. They were in One Day action at Worcestershire, home of 'commando boy' who was having a little rest and not playing.

Yorkshire went in to bat and lost wickets before Glenn Maxwell ( Lady Lainey's new secret crush) came in a and did what we have been waiting for  him to do.  He was smashing the ball all over New Road after 71 balls had hit his first century for Yorkshire. He eventually went for 111 but not before he had every Yorky behind him.

Yorkshire posted  345-6 in their 50 overs and then went out an made short work of Worcs. Steve Patterson taking 5-24.

On my what a day.

I had to go to bed early as I was totally exhausted, only to have just got off to sleep when someone's car alarm went off, and off, and off...................................and I was then awake until 1am


So F(ryan)day or not I think that tonight I will be up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire before you can blink.

However 7 hours of work before any of that can happen.

Rightio off I go.



No comments :