Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 July 2015

What to say today!









As if  I would be speechless today.............................................especially  after my amazing Tykes pulled off one blinding win against former besty home county of Durham.

I am gutted that I couldn't be there to see the conclusion of the match  especially after having seen the majority of it, however the important thing is that the Tykes won and now go top.
Even his Royal Ryanness took a couple of wickets yesterday morning. which is topping up his FC wicket haul nicely.
Wonderful news about Adil Rashid being picked for the Ashes squad, he was told by Gillespie the Gallant as he came off the field at Chester Le Street.

I have to say that at the beginning of the season for all I have great faith in my boys, I still worried about the amount of them on England duty and then losing HRR!!! Well they were 7 men short.

However the 'Big Man' is back and  although they still have players on England duty they have  done brilliantly, brought in some of the 'young guns' that they have lurking in the lower ranks  and shown that they really are a team to be proud of.

However lets not make this all about Yorkshire..............................

oh hell lets!!!! YORKSHIRE, YORKSHIRE, YORKSHIRE.

Durham should be very proud of Mark Stoneman who dug in and scored  brilliantly until he was bowled by His Royal Ryanness. Then it all seemed to go a little bandy.

I got one junction up the A1 before I turned round and came back to the office, It was all over before lunch.

And what next.....................

Well keep the momentum going!

Over at Notts a full game on there, after they hit 366 in their second innings against Worcestershire.
Jack Shantry took 5-48 and was also being eyed up by the ladies as they were trying to ascertain if the rumours about his bowling attire was true!

Good and bad news for Notts fans, 'Big Luke' came out to bat and hit 7 before Shantry bowled him. he now looks to be out for several weeks though with a hamstring injury. Which means that I will not get the chance to see the 'big unit' at the T20 match.

After soaring temperatures here in the North of Blight ( anything over -3 is deemed tropical here) we had a mahoooosive storm yesterday afternoon. Thunder, fork lightening and torrential rain ( good for the garden).

It dried very quickly and then later in the evening it threatened again, but was only thunder rumblings.
I was woken up during the night with very loud noises, I sleepily listened but heard no rain so went back to sleep. This morning all the paths at the front of the Chateau are wet, however the paths in the extensive grounds at the rear are all bone dry......................tres odd if you ask me!

Well time and tide wait for no Lady so I am off to the office to hopefully keep cool and get a couple of hours sleep!





No comments :