Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Super cricket and super heat!!



Well yesterday dawned jolly hot, and turned 'majorly scorchio'. I took up my seat on the boundary and got ready for another great day. I had arrived nearly before the teams in my excitement to be there!

I listened to Yorks CCC President ( and my lunch partner a couple of weeks ago) giving an interview and have taken what he said to heart.
'What did he say?'

I will reveal when this match is over.

And so it began, with My Tykes finishing off Durham before lunch

His Royal Rynness did not take any wickets, but flipping heck!!!! 'Little' Timmy Bresnan  took 3-40 including 'The Duke' John Hastings for a duck!.
They forced the follow on and then we all settled down  for lunch.

Met up with one of my Twitter pals and had a very cheery chat, before getting back to the job in hand,  down to cheer on Yorks.

By this point I was alternating between  being jolly hot because of the sun and burning up due to the remainder of the 'lurgy' which had been making me feel less than 'Ladylike' over the last few days  and had me nearly coughing a lung up on the boundary every 20 minutes or so.
I have to say that today ( touch wood) I am feeling better than I have in the last 4 days, which is chuffing typical as I am due in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office in less than an hour!.


Anyhooooooo, I digress,  Durham came out after lunch and decided that they would 'dig in' It took 117 runs to get the first scalp, but then my boys managed to get another 3 before close of play.
Mark Stoneman hit a century and was still at the crease at stumps.

So today it is all to play for.

Will I be there this afternoon............................well that depends on whether 'my boys' do amazing things before lunch and I am hoping that the opening bowler works his magic in the first innings. No pressure on him!

Now I had made 'the boys' a cake the other day, this went down very well, although it was thought in the Yorkshire camp that I was joking, well you only have to look at the size of me to realise that where food is concerned I never joke!.
I received lots of thanks for the cake and am working on a secret recipe that will mean that everyone can have a slice.

As for that cheeky former Lancashire  player Joe Scuderi, he commented  about my efforts ( he prefers bananas to cherries),  and being a Lady,I will not repeat what he put on my Facebook timeline regarding the possible shape of the cake.
Naughty scamp that he is!

Oh well talking about 'scamps' time to speed off and immerse myself  in the joy of spending possibly 7, (hopefully 4) hours shouting at boys, drinking copious amounts of coffee and looking semi pretty due to illness

Will I get to watch some cricket this afternoon................................only time will tell.




No comments :