Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 July 2015

It's a special F(ryan)day



Hurrah!!!! Yipppoooo!!! Jolly good show and all that jazz, it is F(ryan)day and that is just not any old F(ryan)day either.

Today I am not going into Super Swanky Lady Lainey office because I am going to Headingley....................I am going to watch T20 cricket and also meet up with great friends Simon and Samantha. We are going to be having a bit of a pre match party and it should be super fun. Then we are going to watch besty home team in the whole flipping world take on former besty home team of Durham.
Will I be sitting on the fence!!!! Will I chuffers!!!!!! I will be cheering my little heart out for my Tykey Vikings.
 There I said it,it is in print and I don't care.

Now back to yesterday!

Way back at the start of the blog you may remember ( if you read it then) that there was someone lurking on the 'outskirts' of my life called 'Would like to be Lord Lainey'. Well he is no longer in the 'inner circle' however he has been spotted mooching about at cricket. However yesterday as I sat at the traffic lights on my way to work, merrily singing along to Motorhead ( as you do). he only flew past me in his car.

Well this man had always been way to precious about his cars ( except when he was drink driving in one!!!). he totally believed that people ( ie woman) perceived him by the car that he drove.
Well yesterday I think that he finally got it right. the car that he was driving was big, cumbersome and very ugly. He finally hit the nail on the head ( except for when he had the red car as it matched his face)

Oh it is way too early to be so cruel...........................not!!!!!

Also yesterday there was the matter of the Ashes.
England played on and were all out for 430.
Australia took to the crease and were  264-5 overnight.
Captain Cook took a ball in the nether regions and collapsed on the field. I think that the picture of Joe Root with one hand on Cooks back and the other hand over his mouth stifling a smile will be as iconic as the one of Fatty Flintoff and Brett Lee.

Rightio its time to tune out, as I have curls to twirl, bags to pack and then I am on the road to Leeds.

oh yes nearly forgot  Jack Shantry ( commando boy) did really good yesterday and helped Worcestershire to a win with figures of 5-51. well done you little monkey!!!


COME ON YOU TYKES!!!!!!!!

No comments :