Powered By Blogger

Thursday 23 July 2015

Day 2 on the 'private jet'





Well we taxied down the runway and took off smoothly on the 'private jet' of healthy eating yesterday. We have yet to hit an turbulence but I know that as long as I am buckled into my seat belt  ( eg have my jaws wired and my hands cuffed) I can get through.

So enough of the boring old diet and exercise nonsense, what else has been going on?

Well yesterday was the 2nd birthday of Prince George of Cambridge, it is hard to believe that he is 2 years old, I remember being on baby watch. Hope that he had a wonderful birthday.

I continued the frenzied life clear out too, and came across a bag full of programmes and score cards from my cricket travels over the years, well nothing got done for a good hour as I went through them all. None of those are being discarded.every one of them a happy memory.


And then there was the match at Scarbella between Yorkshire and Worcestershire.................how the flip did that fare?
Well it took them a while to skittle the remainder of the Worcs boys out  ( HRR got two of them), and then they got to bat before lunch.
Dark clouds were looming  and the threat of rain had me feeling very sick.
Rhodes, Leening and Gale went very cheaply which left to  Lees and Bairstow to bring the boys home. And as no man is a team they did it together, however Jonny was determined to do it in style hitting  74.

My Tykes won by 7 wickets and are still top of Division 1.

Still a long way to go. ( but feeling a little bit smug!).

There is still lots of chatter about the England team for the next test.........................let it go the decision is made and no point speculating on the 4th test, for goodness sake!!!! #hacks

I finally got some word on my work request.........................................it will be reviewed in October at appraisal.

Hmmmmmmmm not what I was expecting so onward and upward.

Oh well got to head back there today so make the best of it.

See you all tomorrow :-)






No comments :