Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 July 2015

And it begins again



Oh yes indeed it is Monday again and I feel like a hamster on a wheel, all that time over the weekend and still not seeming to get anywhere, apart from to 'messyville' which sums up my house after a visit to the garage and a visit under the stairs!!!!

I have so much 'stuff' that I want to get rid of and it is now in the dining room and the sitting room ( and the hall and the boot room .....) I think you get the gist.

I am hoping that by the end of the cricket season this will all have gone and I will be able to see my close season as a way to get other jobs done. ( put new flooring in the walk in pantry?).

Anyhow yesterday  after saying goodbye to the Dame, I set about doing things in the house ( see above) and then sat down to watch the test.

Well lets put yesterday in a nutshell, I messed up the Chateau in an attempt to tidy up and clear things out. England messed up and ended up losing the second test which made the Austalians very very happy. Series is 1-1.

Yorkshire were taking on Worcestershire at Scarbella and  messed up to start with until Galey and Bairstow put on an amazing show which saw Jonny get 139 and Captain Gale on 127 over night. My tykes went form being in poo early on to closing on 357-5.

And I could have been there to see Jonny do it again................however all will come right when I head off in the Lady Lainey limo  in August for sun, cricket and fish and chips.

Captain Gale went onto Twitter and said that he had a point to prove ( after 'fans' slated him and the team last week). I personally think that he has nothing to prove to anybody and should just concentrate on 'captaining' and getting runs!

It is still a long way to the end of the seaosn, but my Tykes need to stay focussed and never take their eyes off the trophy.

( flipping heck I could be in  that dressing room giving them the pep talk of their lives!!!).

I am now off to start the week with 'der boys' and hope that it can be a calm and quiet place today as I am not in the mood for 'hi jinx'.

Start the week as you mean to go on is my motto for the day!





No comments :