Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 July 2015

1100

1100
After  celebrating three years of blogging last week, I am this week celebrating my 1100th blog.
I for one cannot believe that I have been scribbling my garbage for 1100 days ( give or take). It really is a mystery to  me as to how I have done it and more to the point how many people read it!!!!
 However 1100 blogs or not there was lots going on yesterday.

Firstly it was the first day of the first test of the Ashes. there were some seriously over excited people on Twitter ( which did not include me). And The 'opening ceremony' was just too much. The Welsh, Australian and Our National Anthem!!!!
They were delayed 15 minutes because of rain, however England went into bat. Losing 3 before I had chance to have 2 coffee's.
I have said before in here about 'the man with no lips' but seriously why is he in the team, he has scored about 58 runs in 29 innings!!!! ( well sort of) and he faired no better yesterday.
However as you know, no one man is a team, but Little Joey Root came very close yesterday with  a storming innings of 134 which sort out helped England out of the poo.
Ballance also played well and then Stokes came in. to me he is a bit of a one trick pony, he comes in and slogs the ball and is either out cheaply or manages a quick fire 50. #mythoughtsonly

Anyhoo end of day 1 England were 343-7

AND OVER AT EDGBASTON..................it was all flipping well going off!!!!. His Royal Ryanness was on fire and took 3 million wickets. OK!!!!! he took 11 wickets over the match with bowling figures of 11-76. Not bad for a 37 year old with a hamstring problem.

I am not being biased ( yes I am) when I say that he is the best bowler I have seen in a long time ( and I have seen a lot). He has bounced back from injury in the early part of the season and  I am his biggest fan! ( how many other 6ft 3in Lady's are there around the cricket circuit?).

However more importantly he contributes to the team ( I just wish he would 'contribute' like that when I am watching).
Yorkshire wrapped up the match winning by 174 runs and more importantly taking away 20 points.

I love my Tykes!!



Now I am gearing up for Day 2 at the Ashes and also need to get myself into some sort of Lady Like order as I am off to Headingley tomorrow.  Had I told you that? Did you know?

Oohhh and I have been invited to swanky dinner at Scarbella the night before the Yorksv Durham  match..............................am I going? not sure I can make it from work, get changed , put on slap, twirl curls in time, so possibly not!

No comments :