Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 June 2015

Where did the weekend go?




It's Monday and it's time to get back to the grind, but where did the weekend go? Well we all know where I was on Saturday and yesterday after a quick bit of housework and  shopping, it was time to settle down in  front of the TV and watch 'My Tykes' in action against Birmingham Bears.

Well I saw 2 wickets fall very quickly and then I saw nothing else until the game had finished....................yes Tykes or not, I had fallen into a very deep sleep. I think that the exploits of the day before had finally caught up with me.

I sort of wish I had stayed asleep though as Yorkshire lost!!!!


The Australians arrived in England towards the end of last week and on Saturday were reported to be training in Middlesex, my old stomping ground. Well it got better than that, they were only training at Merchant Taylors School, Northwood.............................my old place of work and home.

Seeing the pictures of the Aussies training in front of the pavilion reminded me of all the fun we had, the evenings when we ran the  'La Mumba' cricket challenge trophy. Sitting on the benches after 'Trumper's matches with the ( now) President of Middlesex CCC, drinking over proof rum and diet coke.
Watching the 1st XI most weeks after work , and of course doing cricket lunches and teas!


Ahhh yes many happy memories, I hope that the Australians enjoyed it.

It won't be long until the start of the Ashes, however there is the matter of one T20 game against New Zealia which is tomorrow evening and will involve me racing home very very quickly to get dinner sorted before sitting down.


My Tykes are starting the week with a County Championship game against Nottinghamshire at Headingley, before heading up the A1 to Chester le Street at the weekend...............now I am super excited about that!

What I am not super excited about this week is the prospect of  2 days in the office with Trill Boy whilst Job the Jolly and Pony Paul go off to be trained to draw in 3D ( we are still trying to find a course that will teach Trill Boy to draw!).

Oh well best head off and get the week off to a flying start.

No comments :