Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 June 2015

Well thats summer over and done with!



OK so it was flipping scorchio yesterday and today it is p***ing downio!!!! well not right at this moment but it was earlier and now it has dried up but is grey and overcast

What the Donald Duck is going on!

This is not boding too well for my trip to Pontefract for a BBQ............looks like either we will be having rain sodden burgers or  Mince and dumplings whilst wrapped up in blankys listening to the rain outside.

I think I know which it will be.

I wandered out into the garden this morning to check on how much water had come down. Well not enough to really give the tubs a good soaking. So if it is going to rain all weekend as predicted, then hopefully everything will look green and my water butt will be looking a bit fuller!

So last night due to still not feeling as if I am firing on all cylinders I decided against a late evening in Chester le Street watching Durham play Worcestershire. Yes I must have been feeling unwell to have missed out on the chance to ogle observe the bowling of Jack Shantry!

That aside, Durham lost and there were a lot of 'WTF!! tweets going around.

England were in one day action against New Zealia. This  was the highest ever run scoring match in England in ODI history with 763 runs scored by both teams.

However the 'gods' had other ideas as they unleashed rain at the worst possible time for England. The Duckworth /Lewis  system came into play and England fell 13 runs short.

I think that we are all aware by now how this system is calculated.

How many pints Jack Duckworth could drink in The Rovers in an afternoon multiplied by how many arguments he had with Vera during their married life, divided by how many knickers Vera made in her career at Mike Baldwins knicker factory.

Well its something like that!!!!!

All said and done, it leads to an exciting Saturday next week when Mr Funky and I head off in the big blue tank thing with our red dangly car park pass in the window, to  cheer on our boys.

Ok I am now off for an early morning walk to collect some elderflowers.....................yes it is that time of the year again, when I produce a million bottles of 'champers' which if they all 'went off' in my garage would take the fluffing roof off!!!!

This year it will be named

'Chateau de Champions Champers'

previous names have been
 'Tykes Towers Tipple'
' LT Towers Tonic'
&
LT Towers II Tincture.


I think this year should be a good 'vintage'






No comments :