Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 June 2015

The excitement just continues!




Just when you think that your cricket life could not get any more exciting.......................Captain Galey Lad only goes and makes 144 not out along with Jack Leaning who finished overnight on 107.................its all happening at Headingley.

I would have been bouncing  up and down on the boundary if I had bunked work..................which I might have considered if two of my draughtsmen hadn't gone on a course to learn to draw!!!!!

However today my Tykes resume in a  good position leading by 78 runs and need to wrack up that score before lunch.
No pressure boys.

I got back from Super Swanky Lady Lainey office and decided to  start to dig out the borders in the garden ( which I was supposed to do over the winter). well I now have dug out 6ft of border, only about another 100ft to go. I hope to have that finished before I retire from work!

I settled down to watch the last match in the England v New Zealia series.

it was a T20 so I would be able to be in bed super early too.

England were wearing their luminous orange shirts, which got brighter as the light faded!I am not sure if I like these although they didn't clash with the hair of some of the players, so that was a bonus.

There were a lot of 'crayonings' on display  on the arms of players. some did look as if they had been done by a two year old. Although I have a couple of tattoos myself, I do still think to myself,

' They are fine now when I am 21, but what will they be like when I am 40?'

Some off these 'sleeves'  are not pretty now and will look worse when faded and on not so muscular arms!

Anyhoo less of the fashion and body art.

England won...........yes they did, by 58 runs.
And that is the end of the New Zealia tour.

next stop, the Ashes!
Although for me next stop is any Yorkshire match I can get to!

So now I am off to get showered and head off to the 'orifice' for another fun packed say with my other boys.........................and I fibbing about it being a fun packed day!

I will however be glued to Twitter!

#COYT


No comments :