Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 June 2015

It's ODI day!



Well it's Saturday, it's ODI  day and I have been up over an hour already.

Firstly putting food into various  insulated bags, well it wouldn't be cricket without a good old gut bash would it?
The coffee is starting to be percolated and I am about to throw my bulk in the shower and then sort out the orange curls.

I have to  be ready for Mr Funky the chauffeur tipping up at 9am, which will be 10 minutes after he fell out of bed ate breakfast that his secretary made for him and had a shower.

:last night in between sorting out food I was watching Glamorgan V Somerset as well as keeping an eye on Yorks V Notts.

OK so the Somerset V Glamorgan was  a good  match  but not really what you call thrilling. Strange though that after listening to Mark Butcher commentate two nights running I wonder why I have never noticed before that he sounds as if he  has something in his mouth. Very strange to listen to.

Anyhow Somerset won, although WASP ( winning and score predictor) was all over the show!

Over at Headingley  Yorkshire who have been playing very poorly in T20, only flipping well got a mental wriggle on and charged in to bat. Glenn Maxwell hitting 92  n.o, and Andrew Hodd who was brought in at the last minute, due to Jonny Bairstow being called up to England, hit an amazing 70.
My Tykey Vikings finished their innings on 209-4.

Captain Gale ( big unit) lost his wicket to another 'big unit', yes the man mountain that is Luke fletcher was playing for Notts last night too. Sadly it was his only wicket.

Notts played a great innings with Samit Patel hitting 90 n.o  but sadly they fell short by  40runs.

Good game.

Well done my boys.

And now....................well  I have no time for hanging around chattering on here, as I have  things to do and slap to put on and believe me that takes more time that I care to think about.

Well off to get my trowel!


see you tomorrow when we will know if England really are on the road to recovery.



No comments :