Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 June 2015

I have seen some cricket in my time......






but I think that yesterday will forever be etched in my memory.

After Jonny Bairstow  and Tim Bresnan digging in on Sunday evening, they continued yesterday where they had left off.................................and some. We saw Tim get his century, Jonny make 150, Tim make 150, Jonny make 200, the pair put on 366 runs, breaking the seventh wicket county championship partnership record of 344 set in 1902, and both hit career bests.

Jonny on 219 not out and Timmy on 169 not out.

My Tykes declared on 557-6.

In reply Durham had a wobble as they fell to 81-5 before steadying to close on 140-5.

Not before His Royal Ryanness took a wicket! and corrected me!!! as somewhere along the line I had lost two of his wickets and his First class wicket haul is now 673.

All correct now!I have the figures logged on my abacus and will continue adding to them.

I am off to the match again today and I am hoping that it is equally as excellent as the last two days.

Has anything else happened in the world?

Not sure as I have been cocooned in my little cricket bubble and loving every minute of it.

I did however speak to Dame Didi last night  ( and somehow managed to burn my lunch for today!). We are organising our big get away this weekend, when we head off to Oxford.
Not matter how hard we try to make this a normal weekend, you just know that is going to be anything but!


Well time is marching on and I have curls to twirl and food to pack and coffee to make and cricket to watch.

Could it get any better...........................of course it can!!!!

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire!!!!!


P.S the weather is reported to be scorchio today but due to the nasty 'thing' that I have had since the weekend, which has now landed on my chest, I will be fairly well wrapped up!




No comments :