Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Back to the real world



After the best three days I have had in ages, I am now back in the real world and by the time you are reading this I should be halfway down the M1 and about to spend a day in London.

Yesterday dawned bright and sunny and the hope was that Yorkshire would bowl Middx out by lunch.....well that was obviously in the Yorks camp. If you thought I sat on a wobbly fence in the Durham V Yorks things, it is nothing to the fence I was trying to sit on the last three days. El Presidenti however was very understanding and came out to the balcony to clap in ' my boys' when they won.................

there I have let the cat out of the bag!!!

Long story short. They took the extra half hour before lunch and bowled out Middx.

We had a massive gut bash ( again) and I had the cheese board again.

Yorks went into bat and Lees run of bad luck continued.

Lyth steadied the ship a little.


we had birthday cake at tea in honour of the First Lady's birthday.

Dickie Bird and I were discussing his acting abilities ( being an umpire of a cricket match in Heartbeat!)

We gave Queenie the guide dog some crumbs and lots of loves.

Galey lost his temper when he was out ( might not be using that bat again)

They took the extra half hour at the end of play

And then 'we' won.

The wife of the 'vice Chairman' was so excited she was hugging me.

All in all it has been the best time.

I had a little boo hoo in the car before driving home, overcome with a  million emotions,

and El Presidenti,& the First Lady and I all synchronized diaries  ready for the big meet up at Chester le Street in August. Which is after I am meeting the Vice Chairman of Yorks wife at the Scarbella festival.

now best start thinking about what to wear!!!!



No comments :