Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 May 2015

Working week off to a flying start



If anyone had told me when I left home at 10am yesterday morning that I would see the most amazing catch on my boundary, I would have laughed my special cricket tiara off!!!!!

But I did!

Yes sitting on the boundary talking about the amount of washing I do in a week ( which was a hot topic yesterday), suddenly there was a shout of 'Catch' and as we all saw the ball hurtling towards us, Big John Hastings dived in to save two damsels from  being in toothless distress. He calmly caught the ball and turned and bowed!!!! What a flipping awesome catch!!!!!

It was a fun day I have to say, I was caught talking pictures of the Notts 'Big unit'  Luke Fletcher who very gallantly told me he hoped I had it on wide frame. I have to say he is a lot slimmer than last season.

Weather wise it alternated between warm and flipping freezing so Lainey and Janey took advantage of the fact the we had a blanky to share and  kept as warm as possible.

Mr Funky had so many hats on he resembled.................well I am not really sure what he resembled!!!!. Pauly Paul had a very fetching (read that as 'loud') bobble hat on and we must have looked like some motley crew down there on the boundary.

Close of play saw Notts all out for 245 and Durham closing on 69-3

Yorkshire were in action at Headingley against Hampshire  and were very slow off the mark, but Bairstow and Leaning decided to quicken things up a bit, and boy did they!!! He hit a quickfire century ( as he did in the Yorks T20 at CLS last season ) and gave my boys a fighting chance. They ended the day on 337-7.
They were without Liam Plunkett who seems to fallen back into his old ways and was dropped by the team for breach of discipline rules!!!!1 OMG it's like 2012 al over again.
I hope he learns from this and pulls his socks up, I was just starting to like the 'new and improved' Plunkett and then this..................

Over in the IPL it was all going off yesterday too as Abraham Benjamin  decided to jazz things up a bit (and I don't mean getting up with the dancing girls either). he hit the  a record score 133 in his match against the Mumbai Indians.
I bet you can't guess which team won ( and it doesn't start with Mumbai either)

He is truly a great and talented player.


Today is wet and miserable, which is good as I am heading off to Super Swanky lady lainey office and all that this entails. After the worst Friday on record I am hoping that this week is not too bad.

Well time to get a wriggle on and head out onto the A1.

I hope your working week is a good one.





No comments :