Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 May 2015

DIZZY, I'M SO DIZZY......







my head is spinning, and so am I in my  chair ....................OK enough of that or pineapple and plum smoothie  will be adorning the walls!!!!!!!!

It's a super fine day today, all the worries of the last couple of weeks have gone and I can now get on with the rest of the season in a state of super excitedness.

Yes it looks like Gillespie the Gallant is staying with my beloved Tykes. how much better could the start of my working week be!


This man made my birthday back in 2011  ( 15th November) when they announced on that auspicious day that he was to take the reins of the Yorkshire team, since then he has taken them from Division 2 to the T20 final in 2012 where they lost to Hampshire.

we saw them promoted to the top flight and then fight tooth and nail losing out to Durham as county champions in 2013.
however Gillespie the gallant was not deterred, he worked hard with the team and finally on 12th September 2014 they lifted the County Championship trophy.



this is the man who supplied England with 6 players at the start of the season and continues to bring forward new players who are currently playing brilliantly for the club.


yes I am biased, I have a deep admiration for Jason, having watched him at international level and also when he played at Yorkshire.

I know that he did not do this single handedly, however his no nonsense approach has been exactly what Yorkshire needed.

Now I can settle down to the rest of the season in the knowledge that he is striving to bring the club more silverware.

All is nearly well with the world, we just have to get His Royal Ryanness fit and playing again and everything will be back to normality here at Chateau de Champions.


Top Tyke!!!!


Oh and we won the test match too, with some brilliant performances by the whole team, but especially Captain Cook with  a great second innings batting performance, Joe Root constantly putting runs on the board. And Ben Stokes with  great batting and bowling.

And Moin Ali with a superb catch to end the match.

The bandwagon now moves onto Headingley at the end of the week.

It's seems to be the makings for a great week!



No comments :