Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 May 2015

back to work!



This is how I feel this morning, after a sleepless night thanks to backache and the neighbours with the market stall. Oh yes loading up your van at 3am whilst talking in normal voices ( its amazing what you can hear!) and slamming van doors until finally roaring off to market at 4.15am. Yes I can see that they consider all their neighbours. I did notice when I got up for a drink that there were rather a lot of lights on in the area....................quite a coincidence that everyone was getting up at 3.30am for a drink!!!

So I will be looking forward to going to work for a sleep!

Yesterday after taking painkillers I took off into the garden and repotted the hydrangeas as well as the Boule de Neige which is now probably drowning as it is raining like mad. I also made a start on dealing with the moss problem. Mr Funky the chauffeur told me something that would kill it but they don't sell it at Homebase, so I will have to look further afield


Yesterday also saw the announcement of the  name of The Princess of Cambridge, who is now Charlotte Elizabeth, Diana. A lovely name and fitting tribute to two wonderful women.

In cricket, the news came through that Jonathan Trott was to retire from international cricket. Well this I feel comes a year too late and at the expense of some great players who were sidelined due to his selection for the current team.
Although Jonathan has served this country well in past years, his performance of late has been lacklustre to say the least.
However I wish him well in his County  cricket and now hope that some new blood will be brought into the team ( and I don't mean the problem child!).

I am hoping that the Middlesex President was not  too disappointed yesterday as former besty home county of Durham managed to demolish most of the Middx players after they themselves looked less that perfect at the crease. Today sees the home team trying to do the same to Durham!

well wet  weather is a problem for me as I have a jaunt tomorrow to cricket and believe me, the weather had better pick up! I do however have in the boot of the limo something for every weather ( including a snow shovel! well you never know). I am thinking that as Mr funky has a gammy hand I may be the designated driver.

Oh yes and I have given up booze for the foreseeable future. This is for no other reason than the fact that the recycling bin often looks a tad full!!!!

Right now I am off to done my sowester and rev up the ark, the rain does not look to be letting up!!!!


No comments :