Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 April 2015

sunny Wednesday





I can assure you that those pictures were not taken yesterday as the sky was even bluer! Yes it was a glorious day at Headingley. The sun was shining and it was cricket!!!!

Young Billy Root brother of little Joey Root was plaing for the Leeds/Bradford  Uni and wss very popular with a group of youngsters on a coaching course. He went along Hifiving the Noisy but happy children.

Yorkshire were put in to bat and had lost a wicket in the blink of an eye. Even Captain Gale didnt do too well. However once they had a spot of lunch they started to look more like Champions.

I met up with a friend and had a pleasant afternoon sitting just outside the Long Room having a couple of beers chatting, basking in sunshine and watching Yorkshite racking up the runs.

They eventually declared and the Uni boys put on a great stand before close of play.

I also had the chance to see the stunning new floodlights. When I got to my room at the lodge I realised that you could see one light from my bed!.just the thing for any cricket badger.

I luckily was not rooming in The Boycott suite as I wa
s the I came here. Spookily I am in the Doug Padgett suite as I was last time I wss here. I wonder which room I will be in when I come in July!!!

Rightio off for my breakfast hopefully no Rhinos around this morning. And then another day
of sunshine and cricket.
Oh and sorry about any typos I am trying to type This on my phone as the WiFi is not playing fair for my 'lapdog'
                                                                                                                                                                   



No comments :