Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 April 2015

Super Saturday



It is all go at the Chateau as the roofing man is going to be fixing the garage and Boot Room roof, which took another battering at the beginning of the week when winds were whipping round at about 1000.000 miles per hour ( well it did seem like it). I nearly got blown over into the cricket wicket, and goodness only knows what my 'little cricket men' would have made of that ( 'drunk again').


Yesterday was horrible and rainy today though seems brighter so I am hoping that I can get some of my smalls out on the line.

I am also continuing with the decorating project at the bottom of the stairs so full on busy day by the looks of it!

Crickety news  today is
Barney Gibson who was the youngest ever first class cricketer , was 15 years and 27 days old when he made his debut in 2011 for Yorkshire against Durham University, has announced his retirement at 19. This outing was Barney's only first class  match as wicketkeeper.
He had previously spent 4 years with the Academy at Leeds United as a goal keeper before turning to cricket.
He is now off to pastures new.

Batsman Nick Compton says he has not given up hope of a recall to the England side. Lady Lainey say 'for the love of dogs!!! please no!!! he is hopeless!'

Adam Lyth was talking about  the secret of his success in cricket and claims it is GOLF!!!! Yes the little Whitby boy says GOLF!!!! helps him concentrate. seriously!!!! GOLF!!!  it sends me to sleep!!! And ruins a good walk..................at least there is a bar at the end of the trail though.



I am keeping this relatively short as I am basking in the glow of being on my jollies and loving every minute of it. I woke up this morning to the realisation that I still have loads of days until i am back in the office!!!! Woooohoooo!!!


Ok I am off now to do 'stuff'

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

Love the pic, I had my hair in a similar style when I was 4 or 5 years old.

Adam Lyth enjoys golf. Being a Whitby boy wonder if he learnt the skill at the "Crazy Golf" on West Cliff.

DD