Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 April 2015

I now know that I am really not Wonder Woman





Yes after yet another visit to the Doc's ( I might just get my own seat if I have to go again!), I finally am admitting that I am not Wonder Woman................yes indeed I may have been a few years ago but for the foreseeable future I have to,

1.slow down a little

2. Be realistic about what I can achieve in a day

3. Get more exercise, but of a gentler kind than throwing myself into circuits

4. Just generally not push myself as much as I do.


Easier said than done, but Doctor has stated that I need to give myself a chance to get better instead of feeling OK and then pushing myself beyond the limit and being jolly flipping unwell again.

His last words......................' This will not happen overnight, in a week, fortnight or month!'

B**&$$*s..............that's me on a tough regime for the foreseeable future, which if I had done this last year ....................well that's done and gone and now I am moving on.

I may not be Wonder Woman but I am still Lady Lainey. Onward and upward!!!!!


As I reported last week, Daniel Vetorri has announced his retirement from International cricket. The 36 year olds last appearance for the Black Caps was on Sunday in  the World Cup final.
He has played 113 tests, 295 ODI's and taken 705 wickets. Not a bad innings I would say.

bad innings being played out by the ICC as they look to be shutting the door on some cricket sides according to Cricket Ireland. William Porterfield has been talking about the possible reduction in the 2019 test to 10 teams. Which could mean that Ireland ( and others) do not get a look in. I have to say that Ireland, Afghanistan and the UAE really made the World Cup exciting............................which is more than can be said for England......................however at current rate they will probably not make it into the 10 teams anyway!

I will be reading as much on this as I can over the next few months and then might just put quill to paper and write to the old codgers at the ICC.

'Father' Time at Lords has been damaged by wind and  is now at a 90 degree angle. This is the second time in it's history that it has been damaged by weather , after being struck by lightening in 1992.
It's to be hoped that this is not an omen for the upcoming Ashes series!!!!

Oh well the wind is still blowing a gale and we even had snow yesterday! So I am prepared for all weathers today. So off I go!








No comments :