Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 April 2015

I am going 'home'




Wooohooo I am off to Headingley for my first of (hopefully) many trips to the hallowed turf ( 'what I have standed on!!!). I am taking up residence again  in The Headingley Lodge meaning that I will be woken up to the sounds of groundsmen doing groundsmen type things. ( sitting on tractors and rollers and walking around a lot from what I can remember)

I am firing up the limo imminently as I head off down the A1, they are waiting for me, my name is on the guest list at the gate!

Well I am a Lady!!!!

However before that all kicks off, is there any crikcety news I hear you cry.....................


Well well well, Italy are playing in the European T20 in Jersey in May where they are defending champions. They are coached by Joe Scuderi and  doing pretty good. I may actually take up following Italy more closely if the England team gets a new member this summer. I am sure that eating as much cannelloni and tiramisu  as I do will qualify me for this!.

England were playing  day one of their two day game against St Kitts & Nevis XI. And all the hacks who were slating them a few weeks ago were 'bigging' them up yesterday on all forms of social media.
They bowled the hosts for 59.
However the way the hacks were writing it, England had bowled out the strength of Australia. I suppose it is good for team moral though.

Captain Cook made 95 which must have given him some confidence.
I doubt that today will be that interesting in that match.


Yesterday at the sunny Chateau, I was busy, busy, busy. There was the painting to complete and everything to be put back into place. There was washing to be done and hung out on the line to dry. There was hair to 're orange' which might be a tad too bright but hell at least you will see me!

And this weekend there has been no napping!!! which might explain why I am soooooo tired, that and the fact that I have been awake since 3am!


I think that I might be napping this afternoon!

Well the forecasters say it is going to be warm over the next few days so I am thinking that I will need extra sunscreen just in case.

Rightio, I am off in the shower to get myself ready and then I am on my way to Headingley and two days of cricket.

The season starts here!!!!!

Thank goodness for that !

No comments :