Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Busy, busy, Lady Lainey



I am smiley as a Quokka today as it's 'jollies for work', by the time most of you are reading this I will have clocked up some miles.

However this is not of any great importance, today is about cricket and more so cricket Yorkshire which  is super important.

My Tykes worked hard yesterday to dismiss Hales & Co which they did around lunch ( as I requested and predicted). Then they were up and trying to catch up on the runs. Lees and Rhodes took to the field and started well. Lees then took up partnership with Pujara after Rhodes was bowled by Gurney.
Alex Lees played a blinder and hit a century which gave the Yorky boys something to smile about. However bang on his century he was bowled!!!
Captain Gale came to the crease and was on 13 not out overnight.

The boys were 226-3 at close of play and to say that I was a happy quokka is an understatement.
Positivity is the name of the game and the order of the day again today as the boys go into try to pick up points.

Come on you my Tykes. I will be trying to catch up on Twitter when I can today ( if I can).

Not making me a happy quokka though is Michael Vaughan, who says that England should pick Adil Rashid, now don't get me wrong I think that Adil is a brilliant leg spinner, but with Yorkshire having lost half the team to England already.....................well!!!!

On second thoughts lets just put all of Yorkshire in the England team (especially His Royal Ryanness) and see how we fair ( pretty damned well I would say!)


Things in Lady Lainey office yesterday were calm and peaceful ( due to one person being off sick and it wasn't me!). However although the sun was shining outside the temperature in the office was flipping freezing, I was glad that I had left a woolly pully  on the back of my chair because I chuffing well needed it!
Today however I will be basking in sunshine and loving every minute of it ( and I have my sunscreen).


So until tomorrow when I will be back in the driving seat, a little weary no doubt, but wearing my besty 'Boss' tiara, have a great day.

No comments :