Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 April 2015

Back to work!


yes it's back to the office where I am hoping that it will be super warm as I am still trying to thaw out after cricket yesterday. The day might have dawned bright and sunny and warm, but as all cricket fans will know, no matter how hard the sun shines it is always bitterly cold at cricket!.

Durham were hosting Sussex and Durham took to the field. They dismissed the opening batsman before I had time to pour a coffee, but then slowed down considerably. By lunch things were looking better for the bowlers, but things were starting to cool down on the boundary and luckily I had flasks of soup in the 'crcinic' to warm us through.
By teatime Sussex had pulled off a blinding innings as they 'wagged their tail' Ex Tyke Oliver Robinson  (no relation) and Matthew Hobden ( nice legs and hair!) were holding their own!!! ( not a lot I can add to that, well their is but I am a Lady!) and scored 110 and  65 respectively before Robinson  fell to Arshad.
These two pulled Sussex back and set the day up nicely.

Durham went into bat and after Stoneman hit his half century he was bowled by Robinson.

By this point Lainey and Janey were tucked up under a blanket trying to keep warm!!!!

We drove home with the heater blowing full blast, and with in half an hour of being through the front door of the chateau I was tucked up in bed in about 20 layers of clothing. My feet are still freezing this morning!!"

There was lots of birdwatching going on as the wagtails arrived on the field followed by a couple of ducks. A crow attempted to make off with the box of spare ball and we also spotted the ' grey tinged ginger crested would like to be Lord Lainey'!!! Yes that was certainly not a highlight of the day!!!!

Over at Headingley champions of the world, Yorkshire were taking on Warwickshire, Bresnan and Patterson were the pick of the bowlers but had not managed to dismiss the visitors by close of play as they stood at 270-4.

Now however I must put all things cricket to one side as I head off to the land of construction!

I hope those boys have my coffee on my desk! or there could be a lot of shouting going on.

Have a great day where ever you are.

No comments :