Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Joyeux Anniversaire



Happy birthday to the Eiffel Tower it is 126 years old today although in reality it is actually older, today is the 126th anniversary of the public opening. Now as regular readers will know I have French blood in my veins ( Cotes De Rhones, Chateauneuf du Pape and Champagne) and love all things French. Paris is one of my favourite cities, where else can you go to be insulted by a waiter who thinks he is far superior to you because he is from Paris, whilst handing you a bill for a microscopic cup of coffee that amounts to about a million euro!

If you have never been to Paris than go immediately, it is a wonderful city.

it is a wild and windy this morning and I have not had too much sleep due to the noise as the wind howled around the chateau, I imagine that when the roofing man comes on Saturday there will be very little left for him to remove from the garage roof!.
Already this morning I have made fresh tomato and mushroom sauce for pasta for my lunch and I am on my 2nd cup of coffee.

Australia have announced their Ashes squad which includes Adam Voges the Middlesex captain. England have not really sorted that out, I am expecting the naming soon after they have sorted it by a knock out tiddlywinks contest.

Surrey Director of cricket Alec Stewart has announced to anyone who is still listening that 'HWMNBNITB' could return to the England fold if he scores enough runs in County cricket (but can he play tiddlywinks??). All I have to say is stop building his hopes up as you will only shoot yourselves in the foot. The minute he is not selected he will be 'injured' and Surrey will be one man down!

WOOOOOOOOO way too early for a rant!!!!

I picked up my new courtesy car yesterday, this time it is not a Jaguar, it looks more like a skunk!!! It is a 5 door Corsa with 4 miles on the clock ( not when I hand it back!). It is black with a couple of white stripes running from bonnet to boot. It is my very own 'Starsky and Hutch' car!!! Now where did I put my patterned chunky cardigan?????

Oh well off to fire up the skunk and get blown off down the A1 to Lady Lainey workville where I can catch up on my sleep and drink lots of water due to the arrival today of our new water cooler!

We are going up in the world, we might get heating next!!!!

have a safe journey out there today.

No comments :