Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 March 2015

And so........................





..........I stayed up way past my bedtime ( yes really!!) and watched the start of the England v Sri Lanka match, which got me a little hot under the collar before a ball had been bowled. You know how I am always banging on about being proud to play for your country? Well as they sang the National Anthem, SOME members of the team were not singing. Yes the Captain wasn't singing  ( well he is Irish), Moeen Ali didn't sing ( well he is a Brummie!!). What the fudge is that all about. You play for England you sing the National Anthem. End of!


So then I decided to go to bed as it was not looking too good, and I only chuffing well missed little Joey Root score a century! And see England post  309-6. well that was a decent score you might say. Yes well I got up to the news that Sri Lanka had thrashed England  by 9 wickets!
There is not much else to add to this debacle!!

Apart from #Backing Green

Yes it is all gearing up in the Château now for the 'biggy' in the early hours of Tuesday morning when Ireland take on South Africa, I am hoping that A B de Villiers has an off day and that my 'Little leprechauns' give it a good go. To date they have won more matches than England........................ enough said.


the sun is shining here in Lady laineyville and I am hoping to get lots of washing out on the line to get frozen solid dried.  The sun may be shining but I truly believe that it is positively arctic out there.

I am still looking for some 'nice' wallpaper for my dining room and think that I may have found it!! Yes it is striped ( a recurring theme here in the château) and it is white and grey ( another recurring theme along with white and black). I am really keen to get started however old skirtings need to be ripped off and new ones put on first.
Hmmmmmmm think that can wait for a weekend when I do not have painted nails!

So now I am off to have my breakfast, and mull over the events of last night/ this morning.

So that won't take long!





No comments :