Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 February 2015

I predict some snow today



It is nearly 9am and it is dark, dark, dark, here in Lady Laineyville and I think that there may be more snow on the way. Yesterday it was incredible windy all day ( and all night judging by the amount of times I got woken up with it howling round the Chateau).

However lets hope that if it is does snow, that it holds off until after 'THE' christening.
yes today is the big day, complete with probably a full size fun fair by now!!!

The one thing that they have decided against though was following other celebrities in their naming of their offspring in the place they were conceived.

I think that any child would struggle through life being called  'DFDS' or 'cabin 24' or possibly 'Mid North Sea', so luckily they have settled on 'Mia'!!!!

It should be a grand day out for the local citizens who seem to have all been invited!!

England are not having such a grand day out at the moment as they are facing Australia in the Tri series Final and are currently 66-4. Root and Moeen  are currently holding the fort. Anything could happen and believe me it probably won't!


Durham boy Calum MacLeod has been talking about his chance to shine in the cricket World Cup. He is flying out to New Zealand with the rest of the Scotland team today. The World Cup starts in earnest on 14th February. How very romantic.

My knitting bug is now taking on a life of it's own. I am now the Queen of cable. The throw is coming along brilliantly, as are the new range of mug warmers, which will soon be joined by 'the cricket scarf' which will be a must have by any fan. I actually am slightly worried about myself!!! Me knitting????? and not only knitting but designing my own patterns!!!!???? WTF??????

And finally before I head off for the day, I won a fantastic prize yesterday, I won a copy of  ' A Champion year' The inside story of YCCC  2014 championship victory.
I was soooo flipping excited.
I cannot wait for the postman to deliver it.

Oh well off to hop in the shower.

Until tomorrow

Bon Journee


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh the knitting will stop once the "Book" arrives. Making your own patterns in knitting now, whatever next.

Raining and gales blowing at the seaside today. Got to get in Daimler and go and get some provisions to make super food for big men coming.

DD

Lady Lainey said...

I am way too talented for my own good. Going to the supermarket for provisions pour moi!