Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 February 2015

I had a full on cricket day!



So it was a busy day yesterday as I headed up the A1 over the Tyne Bridge and went off to Goforth for the Cricket Club Expo.

I was wearing  my 'Inspired cricket' hat (  actually I did not really have a hat on) but I was joined by super friend and 'part time assistant' Jane.

Our first stop was  at Flicx UK who are the company who provided my 'little men' 'The gentlemen of Tykeshire CCC with their cricket wicket. We met Richard  Beghin whose first question was 'had I brought any of the 'men' with me'. sadly due to them being huge chunks of concrete, carrying in them usually results in a bout of tennis elbow! ( I know this after carrying them from Scarbados cricket club to the park and ride car park!!!).

Much hilarity ensued and hopefully  'the boys' will be going on tour over the cricket season. they are going to love going to Scarbados  for beach cricket. I can see them now with their knotted hankies on their heads!

we then had a chat with two lovely West Indian gentlemen who were selling the delights of Barbados ( they had never been to SCARBADOS!!!). Once again much hilarity was involved and hopefully the 'Lainey and Janey' roadshow can move on to the sunshine isle ( if  we win the holiday).

More seriously we chatted to some gentlemen from a brilliant charity  'Cricket without boundaries'  http://www.cricketwithoutboundaries.com/

There mission is to teach cricket to children and get adults to learn to coach, as well as spreading  awareness of HIV/Aids and FGM.
They currently have people out in Kenya coaching Masai.

A brilliant cause.

we stopped off for  coffee  supplied by Richard Brice of 'rijo coffee' and it turns out he plays cricket at Marton cricket club, where I used to provide cricket teas! small world!!!

All in all it was a cracking day and sadly it was over too soon. And although Jane and I were in the minority ( women) we made our mark!!!. ( the pixie and the glamazon)

I drove home past the Angel of the North who was basking in glorious winter sunshine. ( and probably cheesed off with the amount of people who were standing on her feet)

Then I got back to the chateau and it snowed!!!!

And today it is white and crunchy outside...........................so I think that I might get back under the duvet for a few minutes /hours.

Roll on the cricket season!!!! yesterday brought it all much closer!

No comments :