Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 February 2015

How 'Green'are you?









I am not talking about eating lentils and making shows out of old tyres, I am talking about backing Ireland!!!! Ah yes there were some ( Mr Funky) who knocked my choice of Ireland, however yesterday I would say that 90% of English cricket fans would have been roaring them on ( a I was).

I had a bit of a break from blogging yesterday morning, I threw a poem in instead ( I writted it meself you knows), and I watched the match ( from 4.30am). By the time I left for work UAE had posted a good few runs.

Anyhoo I got to work and then had a panic as I couldn't ge'twireless to tune in!!!!!
Eventually  we heard the sound of cricket chatter and settled down for a heart stopping, rollercoaster ride of a cricket match.

All I can say is that Ireland will have a huge following now!!!

The result........well they won but not before they took it down to the wire and beat he UAE by 2 wickets.

Now that was a match..............................................and then....................last night/this morning Scotland took on Afghanistan and boy has that turned out to be a thriller too.

both of these teams had not won either of their matches.

The match started with Afghanistan winning the toss and electing to bowl. Seriously they have a bowler  Shapoor Zadran who has the longest run up ever, I thought he was going to be starting it in Australia. He must have walked miles by the end of his bowling spell, however it must work as he claimed 4 wickets!

Scotland did not look in great form although they posted 210 runs in their overs. poor Durham boy Calum MacLeod was out for a duck though.

Afghanistan went on to beat the boys in kilts,  in a thrilling match, by one wicket with three balls left.

Seriously these 'minnow' teams are really bringing some joy back into cricket, its not all about sponsorship and being in the papers you know!!!

So now I am gearing myself up for the 3rd March when Ireland take on South Africa.  and yes I do know that England are playing on  1st march, but as you know I am  'Backing green'.


well off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and then tonight I am off to get the barnet chopped!

Until tomorrow.

No comments :