Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 January 2015

WOOOHOOOO it's the weekend



Oh thank goodness it is the weekend and all the 'fun' that is tied into that. Now on top of the washing and the housework I have the added bonus of preparing a suitcase for my possible,departure to south of blighty!

I wish that I was departing for a spot of sunshine and lying around on the beach  ( whilst keeping one eye open for Japanese whaling vessels. It would so ruin my holiday to get  harpooned!).

However that is also in the pipeline ( beach, not being harpooned), and it cannot come too soon I can tell you.

We have been remembering ( not that we will ever forget) Her Serene Highness  who left us four years ago. I like to think that her and His Royal Gorgeousness are now happily (!!!!) playing Scrabble together. ( and arguing over every word that is played!). And that Granny Annie will be keeping them on their toes too!!!

Well in LadyLainey workville yesterday the wind was not too bad (Outside of the office that is!!) and although there had been some traffic chaos earlier in the morning, my journey in was relatively smooth, which makes a chuffing change.


However that all changed when I got home, flipping heck!!! My wheelie bins are now in various parts of the grounds, and it is still windy now!

You know what today holds for me but I think that I will add in a spot of sorting to get the extensive grounds of Chateau de Champions  nearly ready for the onslaught of spring.
I really must make a start on borders so that I can plant out the shrubs that I have been over wintering.
First things first though, clear up the mess made by gales.

Over in cricket world Australia beat India and Steve Smith hit 71 to pass Don Bradmans run record in a test. that was pretty good going!

Scotland announced their World Cup squad which included Durham boy  Calum MacLeod and former tyke Iain Laidlaw.

I, Lady Lainey now announce that after a serious bout of sneezes and nearly coughing half a  lung up, that I am off back to 'mon lit' for another hour before I embark on any further duties.

Well it is the weekend!

No comments :