Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 January 2015

last lie in for a while!



Yes that was the last long lazy lie in for a while now, and I can say that I enjoyed it. I was awake at 6am, but knew that it was cold and frosty outside so didn't see any sense in getting up!

However the evening are getting ever so slightly lighter, which means only one thing..............IT'S NEARLY SUMMER!!!!!

And it can't come a moment too soon, with my face as white as milk and my legs not seeing the light of day.I cannot wait for the sunshine and all the vitamin D I can soak up! ( it will make a change from all the 'grape juice' I have soaked up over Christmas).

Tomorrow normality returns and I go back to the office! I am not sure if that counts for normality. One thing I know for sure is that it will be flipping freezing and I will not 'likey' that at all.

So what has been happening 'down under'?. Well news has filtered through that Mitchell Johnson will not be playing in the final test against India due to a hamstring injury. I suspect that Australia are wanting him up and fit for the World Cup!.

They are playing at the SCG and all players have admitted that it will be an emotional event as it is the first test there since Philip Hughes sustained injuries that led to his death in November.
You just know that the Aussies are going to put their all into this match!!!


Over here in Blighty, Andrew Gale has been calling for a change in the way T20's are played to stop England getting 'left behind' ( bit late for that Galey Lad!)

He is talking about city based franchises and  along the lines of IPL or BBL.

I am still thinking about this one, I know that it will rest some players, but the main thing is how much will it cost to the supporters! We are still over charged for membership, test and ODI tickets and at the moment most counties  your T20  tickets are part of your membership package or reduced rates.

I don't think that it will happen in the next couple of years, but stranger things have happened.

Oh well the sun is out and I have to go out to the garage and do a spot of 'sorting out'.

Best get my thermals on as it ain't that chuffing warm!!!








No comments :