Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 December 2014

It's Christmas Eve!



Yeay!!! It is Christmas Eve and nearly the big day.To be honest I  am more excited about sleeping and eating than I am about presents etc.

I have seen the bag of goodies and not one off the pressies is 'His Royal Ryanness' shaped and so I am guessing that I am going to have to wait another year before  I get him!!!!

That aside, we all know that Christmas is not about the presents, or the holiday or the eating and drinking and sleeping. It is about the birth of Christ.
With this in mind Dame Didi and I had talked about going to the midnight service tonight at the church at the bottom of Bramall Lane, the thought is a good one, but in reality I will probably be fast asleep before most 2 year olds!!!

News from Australia is that Michael Clark  is confident of returning to the squad for the World Cup after his surgery on is hamstring injury. However Shane Watson is facing a fitness test after being struck on the head by a bouncer in the nets.
This is now going to be the constant worry of the Australian team. Watson was shaken but appeared fine after being hit.

And so now I am preparing  to start my holiday off properly as I am getting ready (already) for lunch at 'Smoke BBQ' in Sheffields, then back to the hotel to watch Christmas films and sleep until time to don my besty frock and tiara and head off to the restaurant for more flipping food.

Dame Didi tells me that the link yesterday did not take her to the first blog I ever wrote but to the sign in page. If this happened to you, then I am sorry, it was a very funny blog which if you have the time or the inclination to find, will be on the right hand side of this page.


Well this time tomorrow I will be surrounded by wrapping paper and presents and drinking champagne whilst soaking in the bath. What better way to start off Christmas morning.

So I wish you a Happy Christmas Eve

and hope that Pere Noel will have brought you everything that you want by this time tomorrow.





No comments :