Powered By Blogger

Monday 8 December 2014

Same old, same old



Oh well it's time to hit the road and head off back to super Swanky lady Lainey office for another week of 'fun and hi jinks'.
this week sees the Annual office gut bash AKA the office Christmas 'do', which this year again is at Bannatynes Hotel in Darlington, what is different about this years event is this year you will be getting blogs on Saturday and Sunday and not pictures of hungover people with there heads down toilets!! Yes indeed this year I am going dry at the office bash.

Why? you may be asking. Well ....

1. I do not have time to waste a weekend being sick and hungover after excess amounts of wine

2.I have no desire to enter into the juvenile ways of the office boys.

3. I do not really like Office Christmas Parties ( too many lavish events in London in previous years put paid to that)

4. I am getting on in years and take too long to recover

There I have said it, I am too old to enter into office shenanigans.


In Australia a state memorial for Philip Hughes has been cancelled. in consultation with the family it was decided that the funeral had been well attended and as such no further celebration of his life was needed. To be honest it is now a time for the family to set about rebuilding their lives.

Sean  Abbott is due to return to cricket this week. A very brave young man.

So yesterday despite James Taylors 90, England still lost by 6 wickets. Morgan who was standing in as captain was also fined 20% of his match fee for a slow over rate. ( again). England need to sort themselves out! Its not looking too good for them.

So yesterday I had the royal visit as Tzarina Katerina ( Kiki) tipped up at my house just on lunchtime!! She came to deliver her Christmas card and waffle on about pressies, of which I have little of no interest as I have yet to wrap mine!.

So time to head off down the A1 and see what this week holds for me.

And time to push forward with my new job!






No comments :