Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 December 2014

It's 'crunchy' outside



I woke up to hear the paper boy swearing outside and then hear 'crunching' noises. My first thought was 'SNOW' and then I realised that it was very dark outside ( it is always lighter when it snows....obviously, white, etc). I had a peep out of the window and   thank goodness no snow, but there is a  a very heavy 'crust' of frost/ice.

I hate the cold and I especially hate snow and ice!!

So yesterday I ventured down to Ladylaineyville shops, I didn't need anything except a walk about to blow the cobwebs away. I wandered  into the first shop  and saw my favourite 4 letter word ( no not that one Dame Didi, that's in Amsterdam airport!!). It was all over the shop and in bold letters of my favourite colour.....RED............'SALE'. Oh I was in a little bit of paradise and floated around the shop putting things into my trolley/basket thingymajig ( well it ain't a trolley and it ain't a basket).

I was having so much fun, lots of things at silly prices, how wonderful.I headed towards the check out.
Wooooooooooooo, I looked in my basket/trolley thingymajig and did a U turn. What on earth did I need with  7 tins of shortbread ( I am on a diet) which granted were 75% less than the normal price. 3 'world's best garden' plaques, 4 bird houses', numerous Christmas baubles and some tinsel!.

I trudged back round the shop putting it back on the shelves but did hang onto 4 tubes of extra moisturising hand cream..................OH COME ON...........you can never have enough hand cream.

As I am trying to de-clutter Chateau de Champions I have no intention of filling it up with lots more stuff, ever again. Well that is the plan at the moment but no matter how much 'stuff' I get rid of  the house, it never seems to make a difference.


OK less of my moaning and on to much more important things

Over in Australia India are fighting back in their first innings and are 462-8.


In New Zealand  Sri Lanka were 293-5 after following on and are 10 runs behind the hosts first innings scores.

I am now going to whip up some oat bran pancakes and watch the cricket that I recorded overnight.

Then I might go to the shops again.....................................

No comments :