Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 December 2014

It's Christmas

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Yes after all the excessive sending, hours trailing through around the shops, and going square eyed on the internet..........................Christmas Day is here.

Yesterday, The Dame and I went for our annual Xmas Eve lunch to 'Smoke Barbecue' here in Sheffield. OMG!!! if you have never been here its worth a trip as the food and the staff are excellent. WE went in starving and came out full to bursting.

Back to the hotel which had given us a room with a fantastic view over Bramall Lane, hell I am nearly sleeping on the pitch!

Dinner last night was a delight with scallopand wild mushrom risotto, followed by Gressingham duck. usually the cheese board would have been the order of the day, but after a huge lunch we opted for ' Orange and Drambuie Brulee with thyme shortbread'.......................that was  amazing.

Bored hearing about food? well after a medium bodied Cabernet at lunch time, we had a fantastic 'melony' South frican chinin blanc with dinner and finished off Xmas Eve with a Pinot Grigio blush.

There is no crickety news as its all gearing up for the 'Boxing Day Test' in Australia. and we have sky sports here in The Copthorne so I can see some of that ( if I stay awake that long).

I did however watch a great documentary on Brian Lara which showed his 501 against Durham, I remeber that day very well.

so now I am gearing myelf up for another bath ( making the most of the facilities) and then going to eat the biggest breakfast in history.

I will keep this short as I guess you will all be wanting to open your presents if you have been on the nice list.


I must have been very good this year!!!!

Merry Christmas to you all.





No comments :