Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 December 2014

I think it might be winter!!!



It is flipping freezing this morning and I think that winter is here. Last night I drove to the wilds of West Auckland ( twice of the first world Cup, google it, it's true). I was there to entertain the ladies of the WI with wine, and believe me some of them were very entertained when they left!.
I drove there through thick fog and drizzle and by the time I left the temperature had plummeted to 'flipping freezing degrees and I shivered all the way home.

However a jolly old evening was had by all and they seemed to have enjoyed the event.

Over in the cricket world, SOMEONE has been calling for the resignation of Captain Cook, I am guessing that SOMEONE is hoping that his overly vocal contributions to the press will ensure him a place back in the England team. I tell you if they let him back in I am going to become the biggest Italian cricket supporter in the World ( well apart from the cricket fans in Italy).

England are in a tough place at the moment ( and I don't mean geographically), they are playing like my Granny and don't seem to be able to do anything about it.They really need to pull some flipping big rabbits out of the hat before next year, or we will be hearing from SOMEONE on a much more regular basis ( and believe me we hear enough form him at the moment)

I have a busy few days and will be looking forward to the weekend when I can lie around on the chaise longue and eat chocolate...............................oh bum!!! I forgot, chubby club!!!! so I will be lying around on the chaise longue eating grapes!! Does wine count as grapes?????

There has been a lot of wine consumed in parts of Sunderland, it was supposed to be for Christmas!!!! And don't blame the dog either!!!!

The funeral of Phil Hughes takes place tomorrow and Australia have  postponed their test against India allowing them to pay their respects to their former team mate. after seeing Michael Clarke struggling through another press conference, I would say that it is going to be  a difficult day for everyone, non more so than Phil's  family.

And so it is time to clamber into the Lady lainey limo and head over to Juvenile Central ( AKA Super swanky Lady Lainey office) where no doubt there will be lots of spitting out of dummies and throughing toys out of prams.

Oh the joys of work!








No comments :