Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 November 2014

The roadshow trundles on

The Patron


After the huge success of the Melanoma UK evening at the end of last season in Headingley, I hear on the grapevine that they are organising another evening at Southgate CC. Southgate is in the heady hotty climes of the south of blighty ( rather than the icy wastes of the north of England) and a great evening they have planned there.

If any of you read the blog from  27/09/14 ( 3 gingers and a brunette PS to Thursday), you will know what a top evening it was ( I think it was! they had a free bar and I did partake a little too much of the chenin blanc!).

I was lucky enough to see His Royal Ryanness ( actually I was seeing two of him by the end of the evening) as well as Jack Brookes, Jonny Bairstow and Steve Kirby. Well 'Kirbs' is tipping up again for the Southgate event along with a few others from the area. ( can't reveal yet).

it's great to see so many 'pro's' putting their weight behind a very worthy cause.

If I lived closer I would be there like a shot ( it's close to my old stomping ground).

Talk is turning to putting this event on in Durham next season, and even if I turn my orange curls grey doing it ( they were close with the big birthday bash 'do'), it will happen. I already have promises from a couple of 'Yorkshiremen' that they will come and do a 'turn'.  Super excited by this!

More information regarding Melanoma UK can be found at http://www.melanomauk.org.uk/


As soon as I get dates for the Southgate event I will let you know.


And the birthday pressies keep arriving, last night I was given a 'Perrier Jouet' ice bucket and matching glasses, sadly no Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque but at £150 a bottle I can see why. A beautiful gift from my friends the McNally's. Very me I would say!


Well time is moving swiftly on and I have to race off to Super swanky Lady Lainey office to spend a full 7 hours, drinking copious amounts of coffee, croaking at boys and looking pretty. Seriously its a hard life!!!!!




No comments :