Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 November 2014

So it's Sunday



So it's Sunday and it is at least not raining, so the Hunters can go back into the boot room.

Yesterday was as you will have read, not a good day, having had too many sherry shandies of Friday night. We were supposed to be going to Durham, but the arrival of Lord Christophe, eldest monster child nephew,meant that we changed our plans. he had taken Dame Didis car to Tim'll Fix it.

So Christophe, Philip and I headed to the Lady Laineyville shops, and Christophe and I played on the musical pavement, whilst Philip just looked on in horror!!!!!

We then delivered Chris to the 'train station' at Lady Laineyville  ( actually two plastic huts on either side of the tracks). We only to get 50 yards down the road when my phone rang and we had to collect Christophe and deliver him to the 'Big' train station at Lady laineyworkville, as there were no trains running from Aycliffe!!

By this time I was not feeling any better and whilst Philip watched rugby (AARRGGGHHHH!!!!!! ) I had a nap!!

I still didn't feel much better so I decided 'hair of the dog' would be the best thing, or just go to bed at 5pm!!!

Yeah!!! by 6pm and two glasses of Pinot later I was feeling on top of the world!!!

Today I feel OK except that it is time to day goodbye to Philip as he heads back to London for the week, taking in Twickenham next Saturday and then flying back to South Africa on Sunday.
Its been great fun and we have relived many hysterical moments from the last 30 years.
Where has all the time gone!


Sad news filtered through yesterday, I had mentioned that the Ireland coach Phil Simmons had returned home as his mum was ill, sadly she passed away.
Thoughts are with Phil and his family.

I am about to rustle up a fry up now, so best to go and get busy!

Have a super Sunday.





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Thanks to Philip and yourself for delivering my "super son" to the big train station yesterday. So sorry that I was unable to meet Philip but pleased I did not have to play on the musical pavement, that would have been a sight!

DD