Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 November 2014

Flipping frosty out there!!


 OMG it was freezing last night even though there were a million bonfires burning, not to mention the fireworks that were going off. I am hoping that is the end of the fireworks but I know that they will carry on until Xmas now!


I was tucked up in bed with my hot water bottle before the fireworks ended and I  am very glad that it is over for another year. the only good thing about Guy Fawkes night is, hot soup, jacket spuds and toffee apples!!! Yes if food is involved it has to be good!!!

So another day and the West Indies/ India debacle trundles on. India say they will not let up until they are compensated for the aborted tour by The West Indies. How will this end? It's anyone's guess, however in countries where poverty is rife (as it is even in all countries) the amount of money that is being bandied about for compensation is ludicrous.

Jimmy Anderson is not going to be replaced in the squad for the ODI's, according to the England camp. And if he isn't fit after that?????? I say exclude him and bring in another, I know that he is a valuable team member but he is crocked and as such, should not be taking up a space.

OK end of my cricket rant for today.

As to the elbow, it is now twice the size it once was, and very black and blue ( only to be expected from the lady  who bruises worse than  a peach). The pain is constant but now just really like a nagging ache.

And so the elbow update endeth.


Lewis Hamilton has been 'crowned' the greatest Briton ( according to The Daily Mail) after beating Nigel Mansells record. well sorry to be a party pooper, but Nigel Mansell had more talent and personality in his left thumbnail than Hamilton has in his whole body. And as I have said before drivers of a bygone age had less computerised technology to help them win. That is not to take away from Hamilton but if you look at the cars driven by Stirling Moss, Graham Hill and Nigel Mansell, they are a lot less 'Hi Tec' than the ones raced now.

I think in F1 now it is the luck of the technology of the constructors.


So now I am off to mon boudoir for 40 more winks and putting my arm up!


No comments :