Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 November 2014

BBBRRRRRRR!!!!!!





Oh my sparkly tiara, either this Lady is getting soft in her old age or it is flipping freezing outside! I know which one it is too, it is flipping freezing! As I slowly inched one foot out of bed this morning, I genuinely felt like throwing in a 'duvet'day and pulling the feather and down back over my head!. We know that when the stork dropped me off in North Yorkshire , that he had lost his compass. I am sure the delivery tag on my toe read 'Somewhere hot and sunny!!!'.

Oh well lets make the best of it and do my best Michelin Man impersonations.


Well there is quite a lot going on in the world of cricket and starting with the terrible news that Australian Philip Hughes is in intensive care and is critically ill after being hit by a bouncer, he was wearing a helmet, but fell to the ground and at one point looked as if he was going to be airlifted to hospital. the match was abandoned.

after being struck by the ball, Hughes had put his hands on his knees before falling to the ground. he was treated immediately by a doctor before being rushed to hospital.

no further news is available at this time.

This is shocking, as I can remember seeing Jonty Rhodes hit by a Devon Malcolm ball at The Oval in 1993. You could have heard a pin drop in the ground that day.


Other news is that Michael Vaughan is to take his 'FA Cup, T20' idea to the ECB. Hmmmmm what about taking to the ECB the idea of getting more school involved with cricket again. With the development of roll out artificial wickets schools would not have to employ a groundsman to keep things in  shape.  Yes it would be a couple of thousand pound outlay for a school, but children need to be involved in team sports, and learning that there are winners and losers, none of this ' everyone is a winner' nonsense.

I appreciate that Vaughan is trying to get more people to watch cricket by making it more exciting, but by having cricket as part of a child's yearly curriculum, this would develop  more players and more spectators.
The other point in question would be to reduce the ticket prices and hence get more bums on seats.

Lets see how far this idea goes, and if it;'s a winner with the cricket pro's themselves!

Daniel  Vitorri has been called up again by the New Zealand team after a two year absence. I know someone who will be jolly glad about this

Well it is time to tame the orange curls and put on some slap before I face the freezing world outside.

Is it nearly summer yet?????


No comments :