Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 October 2014

It's winter!!!



Well OK technically it's not winter, but its blowing a flipping gale outside and I am preparing 'Chateau de Champions' for the months of darkness and cold which are about to descend on us. OMG!!!! How gloomy does that sound.
I did not gain another hour in bed as I was wide awake at 4am!!! Although I was very smug and put the clocks back last night.

Rumour has it that Jonathan Trott will be named in the England Lions team!!!! The 33 year old is desperately trying to make a comeback. I talked about this the other day, my thoughts now, age is not on his side and I feel that the pressure will cause more problems for his domestic playing season.
I hope that I am wrong.

Well it was hot and dry in Dubai yesterday as Younus Khan put Pakistan in a commanding position against Australia. It is going to be a long hard fifth day for  the Antipodeans today.

And talking about UAE, I had the shock of my life last night when besty friend 'Black Knight of the Ferrari' phoned to say he was 'popping' over. I thought he meant before Xmas as he went back to warmer climes a few weeks ago, but no! he is back in Blighty, tracking down a new house  and so tipped up with champers and cavier...................non of that lumpfish roe muck either, the real deal!!!

So with the heating on and the fire on , we had a picnic on the lounge floor whilst watching 'Hors Prix'. (Brilliant French film which gets funnier every time I see it).

Then it was time for him to jump into his newly purchased Ferrari and head off . This one is staying here in the UK until he makes his move back in the New Year.
he still won't be here for the Big Birthday Bash, but said we will do something in the New Year to really celebrate my birthday ( and his homecoming). YEAYY!!!!!!  I hope we will go down the wine bar and 'move like Jagger' .



I had the 'Royal Visit' yesterday from Tzarina Katerina ( Kiki). She blabbed on for about half an hour ( not sure what about as I had switched off), looked at her coffee cup disapprovingly, ( obviously doesn't like Kopi Luwak), and then went home. That is time that I will never get back!!!


And today?????

Well I was going to wash the windows but as it is threatening to rain I think that can wait until next weekend. ( I still cannot find a reliable window cleaner).

So I am going to go for a long walk/jog/run now and then prepare Sunday lunch, before doing some work and then having a nap.

That should fill my day up nicely!










No comments :