Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 October 2014

Cricket news



Well all of the county teams were trundling off to The PCA awards last night at 'Old Billingsgate', smelly!!!! The fish market!!!.

 Yorkshire put their boys on the train, hopefully they all got off at the right stop! From reports on what was being consumed by all teams on their way there, I am surprised they didn't wake up back in Leeds.

From the selfies  and pictures being put up on twitter it looks as if they were all having a great time.
After reporting about Lyth and Lees cleaning up at the Cricket Writers Club awards on Tuesday the pair picked up PCA awards As PCA Player and Young Player respectively.

Well done to them and about time that Adam Lyth got some recognition.

Sadly Jack Brooks did not pick up an award, but I am sure it won't be long before he is being sponsor by L'Oreal ( because he's worth it?).

I noted that there was no award for the besty bowler in the Counties ( which would have been shared between Chris Rushworth (15 wickets in one match) and His Royal Ryanness ( 7 wickets in one innings).

I am currently working on the LLR Annual Awards which will be published soon ( probably over the weekend after a bucket load of Virgin Wine). Keep reading to see the categories and nominees.

Lord Christophe eldest monster child nephew, sent me a text last night, asking about my 'little cricketers'. These are little men that play cricket outside my kitchen window. He asked me if they have names.............................hmmmm I hadn't really got that far, been too busy sorting out the laying of a wicket for them! Might have to look into that too


I have been in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office since 6am this morning, and just know that this is going to be the LONGEST day.

There was a very thin layer of frost on the ground this morning!!

So this is a short and slightly late blog this morning, I am cracking the whip and hoping that we get everything finished by tomorrow, when Dan Dan cowboy Draughtsman  goes back into retirement ( for another 3 month!). It doesn't look too promising at the moment!!!!

Why does that not surprise me.

 Think I might have to get my crayons out and get on with some 'drawing'!







No comments :