Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 October 2014

A blog from Lady Lainey



Outside my kitchen window is a little walled garden that was built by my Dad. I love this 'wasted space' but sadly that is exactly what it is a wasted space.

Last year when I trundled off to the Scarborough Cricket Festival my eagle eyes took in some 'little cricket men' being sold by the wonderful Ted Kirwan, so I snapped some up.

They 'lived' in the dining room, ( and caused many a stubbed toe too).




until Spring  when they were placed outdoors in the walled garden,it was a jungle out there for the boys of 'Tykeshire CCC'. ( and believe me, there was 'wildlife in there too')

I was racking my ( tiny) brain  regarding how to get the boys something better than my old kitchen mat!!! 


  

Salvation came from the wonderful people at Flicx UK. As they had ready sent a wicket  up Mt Kilimanjaro which helped break  the record for  The highest Cricket match' I am guessing that the ' maddest cricket match' was their next claim to fame!! :-)

I had shown 'my boys' the parcel that was delivered this week



 Total bewilderment!!!  

So Saturday morning in fog and drizzle I donned my wellies  and set  forth with the  spade to dig out the 'jungle that was to be their new  cricket pitch!


They were all watching from the boundary  as the work took place




By this time  I had faced my mortal foe ( a worm) I was hoping that I was close to 'the grand unveiling'.  


Yes indeed I unwrapped the 'pitch and laid it out much to the joy of my 'Boys'



After a bit of 'argy bargy' about where it went and who went where I was too tired to care, but have to admit that it looks brilliant,  especially when I am loading the dishwasher!!!


I cannot thank everyone at  www.flicx.co.uk   enough for being such good sports and for making 'my boys' and myself very happy.................................


and thank you for the bat too!



This is going to be inscribed with the name of the ground and  hung over the wall......................and the name????

Well you've probably been to the 'Home of cricket', Lord's. Well this is the 'Home of Gnome cricket' Lady's!!!

No comments :