Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 September 2014

WOW!!! Both teams going for it!






Well, well, well, what a flipping cricket day it was yesterday!!!Both (still) champions of the world, former besty home county of Durham and besty home county of Tykeshire were doing what they do best.

Firstly lets go to the current champions. Durham were on form in the field again yesterday and dismissed Nottinghamshire cheaply, sending them all for a shower for 188.And ( big gulp here and stepping down from my high horse) even Captain Collewobble did good. He took 3-23. Chris Rushworth also took another wicket, he is a hard working boy!!!
Durham went into bat and  ( second big gulp of the morning)  Captain Colleywobble did good with the bat too. his half century partnerships with Gordon Muchall and Paul Coughlin  put Durham into a great position to go into day three.
At stumps they were 196-7.

Flipping brilliant and about time too!!!!

Over at Old Trafford, My Tykes were in top form!. Adam Lyth hitting a wonderful 182 not out to put Yorkshire in an excellent position to start day three. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket as we all know that anything can happen.

Lyth has been in top form this season and it begs the question why has he not been looked at by England?
He shared a half century partnership with Jonny Bairstow who went out onto the field and was hitting balls and scoring runs so quickly I thought he had a train to catch! This partnership changed the momentum of the game.

I can see that my phone is going to be taking a hammering today as I try to keep abreast on all things cricket whilst trying to deal with all things construction!

And what about my day yesterday? well my head was aching within two minutes of walking in the door as Trill Boy was back and after two weeks of peace and calm and tranquillity in the office..................flipping chaos and shouting and 'boys talk' was in full flow again. And no I didn't want to see a video of him doing his ice bucket challenge in his undies!!!

So now off to wash my orange curls and get set for another full on day!

Come on Durham and #coyt

No comments :