Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 September 2014

The weather is yukky



Yes I have woken up this morning to fog and rain and it's not looking like sunbathing weather at all, not that I would be able to sunbathe as I am stuck in super swanky Lady Lainey office.

After an early night ( again) I feel a little bit more refreshed but have still not managed to have a night of unbroken sleep in a few weeks and feel totally exhausted. However after this weekend I can just settle down and get ready for the big birthday bash.

Yesterday was a damp day with mist and rain on occasions, and these occasions managed to put paid to Durhams match against Northamptonshire. drizzle meant that the teams were in the pavilion most of the morning watching 'Jeremy Kyle' and 'cash in the attic'. The umpires said they would play after tea. However as the teams settled down to watch anything that was on CBB's it was decided that they could carry on watching the TV which was brighter than any light outside.
The days cricket was abandoned and today does not look any more hopeful, but fingers crossed.

The champions of the World, Tykeshire are not in  action until next Tuesday when it is to be hoped that their hangovers how gone. A week of rest for the boys.

Jack Shantry is still being well talked about after his amazing game last week ( and not because he has moved up the pecking order in my yet unpublished books 'Cricketers Posteriors'). His bowling has been described as 'Bothamlike' which in my books is now kiss of death for him!!!

Super swanky Lady Lainey office was in chaos yesterday as HQ interfered in  some paperwork which resulted in a massive reshuffle of already correct work, plus 'office boys' had been 'messing' about with registers and caused me a super headache trying to get them all back in order, as if I don't have enough to do all day with the shouting, the coffee swigging, and the looking pretty for 7 hours.....................redoing work that was correct when I left it!!!!..................today could mean war!!!!


And so as I don my armour and set forth into battle in the trusty Lady Lainey limo, I bid you all a good day.

No comments :