Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 September 2014

Runs and wickets aplenty




So this time yesterday I was typing away like a mad thing thinking about what the day had in store..................... and never for one moment did I imagine that  it would finish like it did.
What happened?

Well, lets start at the beginning. Yorkshire were still batting and continued  until after tea. Timmy Bresnan and Steve Patterson actually looked at one point as if they were trying the new tactic of boring Notts into submission, however His Royal Ryanness came into bat, hit a couple and then they declared.532-9.

They went back onto the field all guns blazing, and  after Ryan opened the bowling Jacky Brooks stepped up and took first blood, followed by two from my doppelgänger ( 655 FC wickets to date). Jack Brooks took another one before stumps and Notts closed on 58-4.
OMG that is it in a nutshell, but it was far more exciting than I can put into words!
Got my hankies in my handbag because if they do the 'thing' today it will mean tears.

Down at Lords Chris Rushworth was going for it too and took 3 wickets! helping Durham to halt Middlesex in their tracks and bowl them out for 276.
Durham were 28-1 at close of play as Jennings once again fell to Murtagh for a duck. Poor Bambi Boy, its a long walk back to the pavilion  even with his long legs!
Little Henry Rushworth has been enjoying being at Lords, throwing conkers at WG Grace statue apparently, he must be getting some practice in for his Durham debut!


I also managed to summon up the courage to 'dispose' of the flipping massive spider that had taken up residence in Tyke Towers. it's amazing how handy a wine bottle can be!!!

So although it was a full on cricket day yesterday I am keeping this short as I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office to prepare for 10.30am


Coffee ahoy boys!!!!

Oh yes and my finals tickets arrived it's all kicking off now!

No comments :